Hey everyone! So a few weeks ago, I was invited to try out my first lash extensions at Elle Lash Bar located right near DC’s Eastern Market with the owner KP. I didn’t know what to expect since it was my first experience having lash extensions, but KP definitely worked her magic and made the experience painless and smooth.
Even her boutique layout as seen below just welcomes you with open arms and you couldn’t help but feel like you’re in great hands there. The whole process took about an hour and a half and KP gave me the 3/4 lash fullness and I asked for the modified cat-eye for a more natural look. Overall, I was quite impressed with the whole experience. You can see more photos and video action after the jump.
Like I said, they require a bit of maintenance but after a week or so, I have gotten used to them.
Few tips and tricks to keep in mind:
- don’t wear any eye makeup before your appointment
- be sure to use water-based products when it comes to makeup and cleansing routine
- apply eye cream around the lashes and not directly on the lash line to avoid loosening the waterproof lash glue.
- try to not pick at them or rub on your eyes
- let the lashes fall off naturally and re-lash after 2-3 weeks
I am in love with them and just love how the lashes really open up my eyes and create such a romantic fluttering look to them. If you’re in the DC area, do not hesitate to stop in at Elle Lash Bar to make an appointment. You won’t be disappointed.
Thanks for reading and have a great Wednesday!