Hey everyone! So here’s a super duper easy and quick tutorial on how to achieve the lace-braided donut bun. All you really need is one hair tie and a donut mesh or if you want to see how to create one with a sock, you can check it out here. For the rest of this tutorial, keep watching after the jump.
Step by Step Lace Braided Donut Bun Tutorial
- Pull hair into a ponytail and section out one piece of hair
- Add a donut ring around ponytail
- Start braiding the piece of hair left out from ponytail into a regular braid
- Then add a section from the ponytail over the donut ring and combine it with the braid
- Repeat step 4 around the donut ring, making sure each strand is gathered close to braid to avoid gaps. Switch arms when going to the opposite side of bun to make it easier to finish.
- Finish off braid with a hair tie, then tuck the ends under and around the bun.
- Pin bun into place on each side
- And you’re done!
If you rock this bun look, be sure to post a photo on my FB page–I’d love to see them! I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and thanks for reading!